Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Fun

Happy Valentines Day all!
Daddy has to work all day so these are mommys valentines.

Today's a day to celebrate love. It's also great time to show love to those who don't get enough of it. Animal shelters (go pet a kitty, play with a puppy, whatever your heart desires), hospitals, retirement homes, you get my meaning. Volunteer at a homeless shelter, get some of those kids valentines from the store and pass them out, whether to random people or kids in the hospital. A little love goes a long way and is never under appreciated.

Here are some other awesome ideas:
  • A cheesy romance movie party. Invite friends over, watch some cheesy romance, have love inspired cocktails (or beers, whatever floats your boat), lots of chocolate, and just have a blast. 
  • Love yourself! Get a pedicure, a massage, a haircut, or buy something you really want. It's all about showing yourself some tender, loving care.
  • Give Mother Earth some love. Plant some rose bushes (it is V day after all), a tree, tulips, daffodils, you name it. Although for most of the country it might have have to be in a pot inside until the mountains of snow melt. 


So since the hubby had to work alllll day today, I decided to make him some two ingredient fudge. Another recipe found on Pinterest courtesy of cookiesandcups.
Lots of delicious recipes on there so go check her out!

Strawberry 2 Ingredient Fudge

Ingredients:

1 (16 oz) can of strawberry frosting 1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips

How to Make:

1. Prepare a 9x9 pan by spray lightly with cooking spray. 
2. Over a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt your white chocolate chips. 
3. When chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in your strawberry frosting, evenly. 
4. Spread in your prepared pan and place in fridge to set for 30 minutes. 
5. Cut into squares to serve.

Notes

Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
* I couldn't find my 9x9 pan so I had to use my rectangular pan. They came out thinner, so I'll have to double the recipe if I use it again.
* I did two batches, both Pillsbury strawberry frosting, one with white chocolate chips & one with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
* I used a makeshift double broiler (a glass bowl over a pan of hot semi boiling water). If you have to use the microwave only heat the chocolate chips in short shortest it doesn't get all grainy.
* Last note I promise! If it's been in the refrigerator for awhile let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting. Otherwise you'll end up like me with fudge crumbles, still tasty but crumbles nonetheless.

From what i've heard from the hubby the fudge is a hit! The semi sweet/strawberry combo is the more popular one. It kind of tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. 
There's so many combinations that I'm already planning St Patrick's Day & Mothers Day. I'm also curious to try the recipe with the whipped frosting. If you've tried it let me know!

Lots of love from my little loves and I to all of you out there! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment