Monday, June 2, 2014

Mouthwatering Monday: Crockpot Cobbler

I love this recipe because it's entirely flexible and it can be tweaked to suit your personal palate. It's not quite a cobbler, it somewhere between that and a dump cake I think.
I've seen this recipe floating around Facebook and Pinterest so I'm not sure of the exact source. If you do know feel free to message me!


The first time I tried this it was apple pie filling and yellow cake mix...not a success (it wasn't quite a failure either since the hubby had a few bowls of it).
My second try was Duncan Hines Devils Food cake mix and cherry pie filling. 

I had to taste test it...yea that's it, taste test

Its not a great picture but oh my word is it good. The cake isn't solid like a regular cake but it is just right amount of gooey deliciousness. I should've added chocolate chips but that's just because I'm a chocoholic.

Pictured: ooey gooey sweetness

The difference between my first try and my second try was the butter. 
The recipe above calls for 1 stick butter melted and poured over the cake mix (which is what I did the first time). 
This time I cut the solid butter into the cake mix and then added it to the crockpot. 
I also let it cook closer to 4 hours in low instead of 3. 

I just wish I had vanilla ice cream because it is sweet and decadent. I would've liked to used chocolate cake but believe it or not they were sold out! Who sells out of chocolate cake mix?

I think my next try for this particular recipe should be lemon cake and blueberry pie filling...sounds good doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment