Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Parental Units

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

I'd say it's a lot easier than it used to be. We live 2,000 miles apart and we don't really talk much. Not by choice mind you, just that time gets away from me and I tend to forget things.
I like to think of my mom as one of my best friends. I look just like her and we have a lot in common. For instance, a nice cup of tea, a good book, and a purring cat in your lap. She's got an awesome sense of humor and a bit of a wild streak too.As for my dad, well, he's different. Nowadays I guess it's sort of an easy understanding. Especially since I got married and moved away. He's not an easy man to describe but he is easy to understand. He likes you, he makes fun of you; he doesn't like you, not a word. He is cool though, tattoos and a harley and hard working blue collar kind of guy.

I do miss them a lot, especially now that I have lil man. I'm hoping to get up north and visit them more, especially when he gets a little older.


No comments:

Post a Comment